Govt denies any deal offer to PTI, says Imran Khan's fate lies with courts
Pakistan
Govt denies offering any deal to PTI, says Imran Khan’s cases will be decided by courts. PTI rejects claims, accuses ministers of political point-scoring over deal narrative
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) - Adviser to the Prime Minister on Political Affairs Rana Sanaullah has once again rejected reports suggesting that the government has offered a deal to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
Speaking to the media, Rana Sanaullah stated that no deal has been offered to PTI and no such option is under consideration.
He emphasized that the legal cases and sentences of PTI founder Imran Khan will be decided by the courts, just as cases involving Nawaz Sharif and Asif Ali Zardari were handled in the past.
He clarified that his earlier remarks about PTI rejecting a deal were specifically in reference to the November 24 protest, not any broader political arrangement.
Earlier, Federal Information Minister Attaullah Tarar had also strongly denied rumors of any deal with Imran Khan.
Imran Khan in good health; PTI wants to politicise issue: Sanaullah
On the other hand, PTI Information Secretary Sheikh Waqas Akram dismissed the government’s claims, questioning whether party workers would have faced violence at D-Chowk if a deal had truly been made.
He accused government ministers of trying to gain political mileage by floating such narratives.
Sheikh Waqas Akram further stated that no offer had been made regarding facilitating family meetings with the PTI founder.
He added that Imran Khan has restrained the party from engaging in negotiations and that any decision regarding talks would be made by Mahmood Khan Achakzai.